Be SURE to check your spam and/or Bulk Mail folder as the invitations often get erroneously filtered in there.
THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO MOOLAADDICT.COM. Please visit us at our new locations for new posts.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Booster Blitz Disappointment

Half way through the Booster Blitz, I began to write a post about how disappointed I was with Moola.com for not being prepared for the Blitz. I am now rewriting the post because even though the Blitz began very poorly, the admins were able to fix everything. It took them 2hrs to do it, but at least it was handled.


If you missed the first 2 hours of the Blitz, don't worry you didn't miss much. The number of people attending the booster blitz escalated very quickly, there was over 2191 people actively playing the games. But everything began to crash. I do not know exactly what went wrong, but it seemed like the servers were unable to handle the traffic.

The site began to slow down and lag like crazy. It took over a minute just to get to choosing a level and then longer to find a game. Although that the lag was bad, what made it worse was that the site began logging users out at random, so if you were just about to choose a level, you might have needed to start from the login page again. Worse still, I got kicked out of a game I was about to win a few times and lost the moola I was risking. To top it all off, the booster wheel was hardly ever seen.

But to the admins credit, they were able to fix everything. At about the 3hr mark, everything began to run at blazing speeds again, faster then Britney's Spears sister can get pregnant! Best of all the Booster wheel began to shell out bonuses again. It still pisses me off that I wasted time trying to play Moola when everything was just broken. I just hope the admins are better prepared the next time around.

I know that people like to say "stop complaining, it is free money" but in actuality it is not free money. We, the users, spend our time on the site viewing ads which in return makes the site money. So, no it is not free money. If it is free money, we would not have to spend our time watching 30 second ads just to make a penny.

Anyways, the admins fixed the lag issues and they will also be looking into the time out problems and refund people the money they may have unjustly lost in a game.

I got about two and half hours worth of gaming in this time around. My balance is currently at $13.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blitzed from 6pm until i gave up with all the issues going on. I came home in a very bad mood because I had planned to blitz from 6-12am, but that did not happen. I recieved 1$ in the 1.5-2hours that i blitzed for and I am very dissapointed in the results :(. Maybe next time they can handle all the people....

Anonymous said...

nice to know you...

Mike said...

pzyco, I am sure the admins learned from their mistakes this time. I can totally relate to how you feel.

awantoriadi, nice to know you too.