Be SURE to check your spam and/or Bulk Mail folder as the invitations often get erroneously filtered in there.
THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO MOOLAADDICT.COM. Please visit us at our new locations for new posts.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Guide: Shopping Boosters

With the Christmas just around the corner, it is a great time for me to explain how Shopping Boosters work.

It is actually a very simple concept. When you use Moola.com's link to visit a retailers site, the retailer will credit Moola for referring you to them. Moola will then get a referral bonus for your purchase or for you completing an offer. Depending on the booster that you decide to do, Moola.com will be paid either a percentage of your purchase or a flat fee. In return for you using Moola's link, Moola will take a part of their referral bonus and pass it on to you as a booster.

Feel free to read more as I cover the benefits of using shopping boosters as well as a few commonly asked questions.

To tell you the truth, I currently do not see any downfalls to using the shopping boosters. In my opinion, the following are the benefits of using a Moola.com Shopping Booster:

  1. You get a discount off a purchase you were planning on making anyways.

  2. If the retailer has a promotion, you can stack this booster on top of that promotion

  3. Instead of getting a flat amount of money back, you can actually take your booster and grow it via Moola.com

  4. The booster will BOOST you up the tower so that you can make money faster.
  5. You help Moola.com make money so that they can make their site even better
I personally did two shopping boosters (so far) one was a PriceLine booster ($11.20 back) and the other was a Newegg booster ($4.34 back). It may not seem like a lot of money, but it adds up.

My Newegg purchase was a really great deal, I got 20% back via Paypal (Cyber Monday Deal) plus the $4.34 back from Moola (which is now pending). This means that I would get my camera for about $254 when it is usually about $309 retail. A savings of about $55... sadly though, this is $55 which I won't be keeping in my wallet since I still have a lot of Christmas shopping left.

There a few common questions that I see around the forums, so I will do my best to answer some of them.

When will my booster show up on my "Pending" boosters list?
It depends on the merchant. Boosters will go pending as soon as Moola.com gets notified of your purchase. Some merchants only notify Moola on a weekly basis, while other will notify Moola within 24 hours.

I made my purchase, why haven't I received my Booster?
It will take at least a 3 weeks for you to get credited with a booster, sometimes longer.

Why don't I receive the Boosters right after I make the purchase?
Moola.com does not give you your boosters right away because most retailers have a return policy and it would not make good business sense to give away money before the money is safely in the merchants pockets. Besides, Moola.com probably has to wait until they get paid for the referral before they can give their members the boosters.

Is each booster offer only allowed to be completed once?
It depends on the booster. If it is a cash back booster (where you get a percentage back from your purchase) then you can use the booster multiple times. If it is a referral bonus (set booster amount) then you can only use it once. I suggest asking the question in the forums if you are not sure.

No comments: